About the Programme
The Tiger Brands Foundation has identified the need for a programme that addresses providing the most important meal of the day – breakfast – to learners in no fee schools (Quintile 1, 2 and 3) in vulnerable and impoverished communities. The Foundation is committed to providing an in-school breakfast programme to address child hunger and the associated negative outcomes.
Who can apply?
We work solely with schools in quintile 1, 2 and 3 in vulnerable and impoverished communities. Schools are selected on the following criteria:
- Population of hungry learners that attend the school
- Strong School Governing Body (SGB) and School Management Team (SMT)
- A dedicated principal
- School must be participants of the NSNP (National School Nutrition Programme)
- School registration documentations (Please kindly include an application letter addressing the above mentioned criteria; letter from school, school enrollment details, EMIS number, water and lights bill, principals’ details on school letterhead, banking details.)
Three-step application process
Step 1 – Suitable candidates are expected to send in their application letter along with relevant school registration documentations. The following must accompany the application:
- Letter from school
- School enrolment details
- EMIS number
- Water and lights bill
- Principals’ details on school letterhead
- Banking details
Step 2 – Successful first round candidates will be contacted telephonically. If not candidates are not contacted by 31 October 2017. Please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Step 3 – Before final selection is confirmed, a due diligence of candidates is completed and outcomes communicated beginning of November, every year.
Please kindly note applications may be rejected at this stage should they not meet the required criteria or are not aligned with the Foundation strategy.
Applications open on the 1st August and close on 31th August 2017.
TO APPLY email email@example.com